Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

Monday 18 July 2011

Reflections

What an interesting blog. I have got a bit behind so have only just started Thing 5. A very thought provoking and well written blog post with some very useful links. I am always telling my colleagues that they should reflect on the courses attended etc... but rarely do it myself in written format - its about time I did.
I agree that applying a new skill or ideas is sometimes the most difficult aspect of reflective practice especially if you do not use this newly acquired knowledge straight away. Writing about ones experiences also helps to re-enforce what has been learnt and to reflect on how these new skills can be incorporated into ones current post at a later date can also be beneficial.   

To date I have found it really useful to go over some of the things that we learnt last year. I have certainly gained some new insights and have been inspired to learn more. The new links have provided essential current awareness as Web 2.0 tools have moved on in 12 months. I have tried to introduce a few of the things I have learnt into my everyday work life but have found that this can sometime be difficult to do as there is never enough hours in the day. Regrettably my hours are to be cut due to the current economic problems so I shall have even less time. I am however determined to try and shall continue to endeavour to bring our libraries into the 21st C.

No comments:

Post a Comment