Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

Monday 4 July 2011

Fun and games

I have certainly had fun and games today setting up a new Twitter account, RSS feeds and a Pushnote account. Our IT officer has things tied down so much that its difficult to download anything. Although I set up the Twitter account last year the system did not want to let me in so I had to set up another and that was where the fun started. I finally managed to gain access after much frustration by setting up a new account. I have a couple of followers already from the US - gosh!

I am still not convinced about this medium. I can see that it could be useful if you want to find some information quickly but I guess it is only as good as whats available. I like the idea of being able to add videos and links as it is a very quick way of disseminating information. Only having 140 characters also means that it is quicker than writing a blog. I equate Twitter with mobile texting. 

I added the RSS feed for cpd23 blog so now I have a quick way of finding it which is great. I got into a bit of a muddle with adding the feed as I still had the old one on my iGoogle page and it didn't want to download the new one. Fortunately my colleague was on hand to help me out.

Pushnote: I signed up to it but unfortunately I cannot download it yet, I need to talk to our IT Officer. I think this seems quite a good idea to be able to share good site and warn your friends of rubbish ones. I am not sure how frequently I shall use it but it is good to at least have that facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment