Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

Monday 19 July 2010

Big Brother....?


Is it me or is this scary? The more I progress through 23Things the more I have become security conscience. I Googled my name and was quite shocked at the information available about me online. It probably has not helped reading Larsson's - Millenium Trilogy (I would certainly recommend it). Linkedin provides too much personal information for my liking, there is such a thing as identity theft!


I was glad that we did not have to sign up for this for 2 reasons. One is for the above and the other because of account fatigue. I now have so many accounts and passwords that I don't know if I can remember them all. Discussing this problem with our IT Officer he has recommended a very secure piece of software called KeePass. You can type in all your usernames and passwords whilst only having to remember the master password, brilliant!

2 comments:

  1. Like Facebook - you can set the amount you divulge on LinkedIn. My hubby while job-hunting allowed much more to be visible, now he is back in employment he has restricted what is seen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for recommending KeePass - I keep all of my usernames and passwords in the front of my notebook. Not very secure or web 2.0! I'll certainly check out KeePass.

    ReplyDelete