Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

Monday 5 July 2010

Mirror, mirror....................


Well week 7 already, my how time flies. As I mentioned in an earlier blog I was skeptical about the value of this course but now after 12 Things I am a convert. I never thought that I would enjoy this course so much. I have learnt many new Things that I shall be able to use at work, personally and professionally.

I originally signed up to keep abreast of the new technological changes and to gain some understanding of the ways in which 'young people' communicate. Although our intake is 25+, it will not be long before new students will want to communicate via these methods. In fact I have already had a 'young' 43 year old ask me to renew his library books via Facebook! Although it may be sometime before the majority of our students use electronic tools to communicate other than email, it is good to be prepared (yes I was a Girl Guide!).

Of all the Things we have learnt to date, the iGoogle page, the Google Calendar and Delicious (I already used Doodle) have proven to have the most immediate relevance. As this is a reflection week, we will be spending time setting up a shared Google Calender and organising our Delicious accounts so we can share bookmarks. Although some Things I shall only use occasionally such as Twitter because I don't see the point of it, there are others that I will use when the occasion arises such as Slideshare (resources awareness is a great thing).

It goes without saying that this course has increased my confidence, awareness and skills. I look forward to Monday mornings and the challenges that are set. Although I have enjoyed some Things more than others, it has been a steep learning curve but one I am enjoying a great deal. Well done the Cambridge team for producing this course.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments Carol. It's good to hear that you're enjoying the programme and that you're looking forward to, and not dreading, Monday mornings! I hope that the second half introduces you to some other Things that you can find a use for.

    ReplyDelete