Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Done in a jiffy!

This was exceedingly quick and easy to do. I enjoyed choosing the dust jackets, its surprising the difference it makes to the look of the catalogue. I can imagine that setting up my personal catalogue would not take long, it would probably take me longer to remember all the books that I had than to type them in.

As I said in my previous blog, this has great potential for small libraries although it might be challenging to find the correct dust jackets. This programme also takes away the need to be an expert cataloguer, something again that might appeal to a small under funded library. On a more serious note it might also reduce the need for cataloguers. Southampton libraries want to staff their public libraries with volunteers believing that they do not need professionally qualified staff, this might just be another nail in our coffin?

No comments:

Post a Comment