Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday 3 June 2010

What a surprise!

I am somewhat surprised to find how easy it has been to set this up. I thought that it would be much more complicated and would require some technical expertise. 23 Things has certainly introduced me to technology that I did not think I would ever use and it is only week 2!

Demystifying the processes required to set up an iGoggle account and a blog has certainly encouraged me and I look forward to the next 10 weeks. I must confess I was somewhat sceptical at first but can now see how some of the things I have learnt can be applied in our libraries. The majority of our users are mature students and lack the confidence to try new things so placing myself in the position of a learner rather than a trainer for a change has made me reflect upon our existing training practices. Hopefully this will be to the benefit to our students.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to read that the programme is already surprising you - that's really encouraging to hear. I hope you continue to enjoy Cam23.

    ReplyDelete