Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday 29 June 2010

When to share...?

I was initially skeptical about this Thing as I tend to use Powerpoint, although not that often. However I found some interesting presentations that could be of use to our new PhD students. I particularly liked "The Art of Doing a PhD" and will refer our new students to it.



I am not convinced that Slideshare has a use in our libraries at present but am prepared to keep an open mind about it. I found several relating to Cambridge University and the UTube/slideshow by Tony Hirst. I found that some of the presentations were familiar and I wondered if the same presentation could be accessed from a number of different sites?. A disadvantage of this site is that some of the presentation descriptions are unhelpful, keywords might be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment